Renovated Chancery Building
NORTHWEST, WASHINGTON, DC
An Embassy in Northwest Washington, DC selected Wilets Architecture to head the renovation and maintenance of their former Chancery building. This historic structure was built in 1926 and was last leased as a Chancery building to another foreign mission. The project scope included a gut rehabilitation with an upgraded building envelope including roof, windows, and masonry restoration as well as new mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems and updated fire protection. The grounds received fresh landscaping and new walkways including an accessibility ramp. The pre-construction process included approvals by the DC Historic Preservation Office, Kalorama Sheridan Advisory Neighborhood Commission, and Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA). Currently, the building is leased by Ukraine House as a cultural center.